Monday, 2 January 2012

Cupcake Case...

Hi there,

Happy New Year! I hope you enjoyed seeing in 2012 - whatever you were doing... This is our last day of holidays before it's back to Bible School and work tomorrow - I've got new lectures starting tomorrow which I'm really excited about but it will probably mean less time for crafting once I get back into the swing of study! I cannot tell you have great it has been to have time to play along with challenges over the past couple of weeks - I love how they prompt you to make cards you would never have thought of by yourself! Today's card is a perfect example of that - I wanted to play along with the last Case Study featuring the amazing Amy Sheffer and I started with one idea in mind (green background, doily on the right ect...) but ended up with someting completely different! Does that ever happen to you? Anyway - this is what I came up with:


Kind reminds me of a 1960's kitchen or something!! I loved the brown ruffled panel on Amy's card so I used some Chocolate Chip satin ribbon to create a ruffle on mine and also added a white punched border underneath like Amy's. I kept the doily-type shape but moved it to the corner. The cupcakes were a bit of a labour of love - they are a new stamp set in our mini catty that I was given for free but I don't have the punch so I had to hand cut all the bits and pieces (which admittedly I used to do a lot but with the invention of dies and punches I've gotten a bit lazy!). I was quite pleased with how the cupcake stand turned out - I used the modern label punch as well as the word window punch, along with a portion of a die-cut from the Perfect Pennants die for the 'doily' on the stand.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Ink: More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Spice Cake dsp, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, doily from Flirtatious dsp
Accessories: Curly label punch, modern label punch, word window punch, filigree brad, rhinestone brad, choc chip satin ribbon, Perfect Pennants die

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

2 comments:

  1. Awww this is sooo cute! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, found you from the other blog. Guess I will follow all of your blog site. I just love your work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete