Monday, 9 April 2012

Blue Romance...

Hello!

I was excited to see that the amazingly talented Laurie Schmidlin is this month's muse over at Case Study. I love her work and she always manages to make every style look fabulous so I was keen to play along casing her card. I used some new goodies coming up in our mini catty to create this:


I kept the layout and the colours of Laurie's card, and tried to imitate the sentiment block by embossing with white on black card. The image was stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with inkpads and an aquabrush. I stamped the image another two times and cut out the flowers and layered them over the top for extra dimension. The image was cut out with one of the new framelits dies. I added a black satin bow with an antique brad in the centre to finish things off.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Bordering on Romance, For the Family
Ink: Versamark, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Tea Stain
Paper: Twitterpated dsp, Attic Boutique dsp, watercolour, Basic Black
Accessories: Framelits labels die, black EP, white EP, SU markers, word window punch, edgelits adorning accents die, antique brad, black satin ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Amy!!! I love the coloring, so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Amy! I love those flowers, they are so pretty and you've colored the so well!

    Blessings,
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really stunning! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Amy, this is striking!! Thank you for playing along with us at CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is gorgeous!!! I was thinking about this set, now I know I HAVE to add it to my next order!!
    Thanks Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete