Saturday, 5 January 2013

Patterned Party Cake...

Hiya,

We're back with the first Dynamic Duos colour challenge of 2013 and its a bright and cheerful one this week...


I thought these colours would be great for a bright and colourful birthday card, so I pulled out my Patterned Party stamp set and got started...


The birthday banner was stamped with Island Indigo, then again with Melon Mambo - I cut out the 'birthday' flags from the Melon one and layered them on the Indigo image using Tombow glue. I added a piece of Melon Mambo card stamped with the argyle pattern from the same stamp set and tied some white organza ribbon around in a bow. The cake was stamped with Melon Mambo and I added some Dazzling Details to some parts for a bit of sparkle. The candle was inked with markers and stamped three times on top of the cake. I die-cut the cake panel using a labels framelit and added some piercing around the edge. The dsp in the background is from Twitterpated and sponged with Island Indigo ink.

I used this week's Case Study challenge as a starting point (although mine looks nothing like the original!!)...


I used her layout (sort of!) and I used my banner image to replace the swirls and also used some white satin ribbon in a bow like Windy.

The rest of the design team have some fabulous creations to inspire you this week - make sure you pop by Dynamic Duos check them out!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

11 comments:

  1. Great use of the colors!!! Love the multi-color banner. And the big white bow on all that color is a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love how you layered that banner stamp, Amy! Great birthday card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too cute! Love how you cut and layered the Melon Mambo flags, and the sponging of the bottom layer of dp is a great idea to soften the bright white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So perfect Amy, love the banners and your pretty ribbon is the perfect finishing touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bright and happy Birthday card, Amy, I just love the banner and the lovely big bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cut out banner is super cute, Amy! How fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun with the banners and the birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the banners, should try that myself! Great colors too :)

    xo, Kristina
    visiting from CASE study challenge
    Hope you can stop by to say hello :)
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see the starting inspiration and yet the card is totally you - wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study over the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy your banner are so cute, love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun card! Love those banners! :)

    ReplyDelete