Sunday, 22 September 2013

Pumpkin Wisteria Case

Hi there!

I had fun playing around with a few challenges this afternoon: I combined the Freshly Made Sketch with the Color Throwdown combo, and used this week's CASE Study for my inspiration.


I was inspired by the gorgeous colouring of the flower on the inspiration card, so I pulled out Secret Garden and had a bit of 'colouring therapy'!


I stamped the flowers on watercolour card and coloured with a blender pen and Pumpkin Pie ink, die-cutting with the matching framelits. The leaves are from the hostess set Simply Sketched, stamped on watercolour card and coloured with Pistachio Pudding and Wisteria Wonder ink, then I cut out with my paper snips. The other elements of this that were inspired by the inspiration pic are the embossed dotty panel and the white background stamping.

Here's the card I was inspired by at CASE Study:


Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Secret Garden, Simply Sketched
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Pistachio Pudding, Wisteria Wonder, Baked Brown Sugar, White craft, Stazon
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White, watercolour
Accessories: Neutrals candy dots
Tools: Secret Garden framelits

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

13 comments:

  1. WOW Amy this is stellar!! Love the blooms and the soft subtle ones in the background. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation, Amy!! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the embossed panel and white stamping in the background too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card Amy! I love the beautiful orange flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the white background stamping, and the orange flowers are colored so beautifully! And I agree with you that coloring is therapy! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really, really pretty! Your coloring is amazing. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic, AMY! Awesome coloring! WOW!
    Hugs Rivien

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL CARD, and fantastic coloring on the flowers! What a stunner! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous....this is fabulous!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning creation! Love your balance of the throwdown colors and your fab coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stamping and coloring is beautiful, Amy, love the colors you chose to put together and what you did with this card! Fabulous job, wonderful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I like the design and the colors very much! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Amy. I love your fussy cutting with the Simply Sketched set- WOW! The coloring and carefully laid out design is amazing;)

    ReplyDelete