Sunday, 9 February 2014

Yay for Gold!

Hi there!

When I saw this week's Case Study inspiration I knew I wanted to play along using some of the fab new gold products in Stampin' Up's Spring/Summer catalogue. I combined the inspiration with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches this week...


I was getting pretty gold-happy when I made this card... how many different gold products can you squeeze onto one card..?


So I started with the new gold fancy foil designer vellum and layered it over Very Vanilla, then black (did you know you can pop some glue dots behind the gold foiled circles to stick the vellum down? That way you don't have to worry about adhesive showing through the vellum). I layered some Modern Medley dsp over that, also layered on black. The tag was created with the FABulous new Angled Tag Topper punch and layering some Naturals Ivory card over the top. I die-cut the 'yay' from Brushed gold card, and the chevrons from a gold foil sheet (both of these dies are from the Thinlits collections). I stamped the sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts with Stazon and finished off with a few bits of gold washi tape. The last addition was some of the lovely new gold baker's twine, tied in a double bow. So that's 1, 2, 3, 4... 5 gold products on this card (I could have added gold embossing powder and sequins but that may have been too much lol!

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: A Dozen Thoughts
Ink: Stazon black
Paper: Gold Fancy Foil Designer vellum, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Naturals Ivory, Modern Medley dsp, Brushed Gold, Gold foil sheet
Accessories: Watercolour Wonder washi tape, Gold baker's twine
Tools: Angled Tag Topper punch, Thinlits label and circle card dies

That's all for now... I hope you've had a great weekend and that you enjoy the week to come!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

3 comments:

  1. I love this card Amy! I didn't think I would find the new gold products such fun, but they're great especially teamed with black as you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Amy! It looks so rich with the gold and the black. Love that vellum! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Amy! So elegant and I love the addition of the chevron elements. :)

    ReplyDelete