Friday 22 June 2012

Bridal Mashup...

Hi there,

It's party time at the Friday Mashup and this week Amanda is challenging us to make something with a party theme - either an invitation, favour, birthday card, thank you card or decoration...


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
1. Make a project using the " Party Time " theme.
2. Or Make a project using the " Box in a Bag " tutorial.
3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Box in a Bag with a Party Time theme."
I decided to make a little Bridal Shower ensemble, with an invitation and a little matching favour...


I stamped the dress from Love & Laughter with Blushing Bride ink, cut it out and added some pleated ribbon to the hem. The rest is pretty straightforward - I added some pearls to the dress and Blushing Bride layer for a bit more elegance. The favour box was made using the milk carton die, which I embossed using one of the textured impressions embossing folders. Here's a view of both sides:


Both sides have punched squares (whisper white and basic grey) - one side has a heart stamped with an image from I {heart} Hearts and punched out with the coordinating punch; the other side was stamped with the same dress as the card, with 'Amour' from Artistic Etchings over the top. I punched a couple of holes in the top and threaded some white tafetta ribbon through to make a bow.

Make sure you head over to the Friday Mashup blog and check out the rest of the design team's party creations!

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

5 comments:

  1. Great set Amy! Great minds think alike..for another challenge recently I did this dress in BB also and added pearls...its definitely a great stamp for pink!

    I really need to get that milk carton die, I love it, and how you used it here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project for a wedding or a shower.. I love the Pink with the Black. Such a great color combo. Your little box is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Amy! I love the ribbon peaking out from under the dress and the shading you've done. Super pretty wedding project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great project Amy! I love all the details about it .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the embossed hearts on the favor box and your invitation is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete