Tuesday 3 June 2014

Nautical Thanks...

Hello!

This week we've got another great ColourQ combo this week...


These colours seemed perfect for a masculine card to me, so I pulled out the Word Map stamp (which my dear friend Evi was kind enough to give me for my birthday!) and had fun colouring in...


I thought the blues and green would be perfect for colouring this map - I stamped it with Night of Navy on Whisper White and coloured with an aquabrush and inkpads. The tags were created with the Angled Tag Topper punch and I added the anchor (from The Open Sea) over the top, cutting with a combination of circle framelit and punch.

I used the sketch from Seize the Sketch for my layout...


Here's the recipe:
Stamps: World Map, The Open Sea, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Night of Navy, Old Olive, Marina Mist
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Tangerine Tango, Naturals White, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Brights candy dots, linen thread
Tools: 1/2" & 1 3/4" circle punches, Angled Tag Topper punch, Circle framelits, Itty Bitty Banner framelits

Make sure you check out all the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Royal Court this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

7 comments:

  1. Amy this is a wonderful card! Love the birthday map and your coloring,great job. Great way to use the CQ colors. Thanks for joining us at Seize The Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see this card I love it a little bit more! The whole nautical theme with the map as a background is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with those colors! Love the nautical theme! Perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This creation is a winner! Love the nautical theme of your design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how you used tags!!!! Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine design! Love how you watercolored the map image for the background. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one awesome card! I LOVE everything you make. Thanks for joining us at STS!

    ReplyDelete