Friday 18 January 2013

Retro Birthday Balloons...


Hello all!

It's time for another Friday Mashup challenge, and this week Holly is bringing the birthday cake!

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with a "Birthday Theme".
  2. Or Make a project using "Brads".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Birthday project with some brads".

I went with a birthday card that would work for a boy (not a forte of mine but I'm really happy with how this one turned out)...


I used the You're Amazing stamp set for the balloons and sentiment, and combined some International Bazaar and Twitterpated dsp for the lower panels. I added some Daffodil Delight brads to the sentiment panel (die-cut with one of the Apothecary framelits dies and pierced with the coordinating template). I used the Paper Players colours as well as the Retro sketch this week to help me out...


Make sure you check out what the rest of the Friday Mashup team have created this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

8 comments:

  1. Ah, this is a perfect stamp set choice for this challenge! I love your interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Очень позитивная открыточка! Понравилась!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The colours are fabulous together and I love the bright yellow brads. Great take on that sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Amy! You always make me want to stamp when I visit your blog! This is SUCH a fun card! Love the popped up balloon and the paper pierced detail. Awesome! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous use of the colors and papers! This is such a great card Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Amy! Love the colors you used and the combination of papers. Those yellow brads are the perfect accent.
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how those ballons came out with these colors.. such a great retro vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun birthday card! I really love how you popped up one of the balloons and the pierced holes around the label! So many wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete