Friday 20 September 2013

Paper Pieced Poinsettia

Hello!

This week's challenge at the Friday Mashup had me scratching my head for a while!


Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project with a "Fall/Harvest Food Theme (Preserves, Apples, Pumpkins etc.)."
  2. Create a project using "Paper Piecing."
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "Fall Food themed project with some Paper Piecing "

Now I don't have any stamps to do with harvest and certainly nothing that would work for paper piecing (believe me, I scoured the catalogue to see if there were any I could use!), so I decided to use the technique part of the challenge with a Christmas theme (I have a Christmas class tonight so I was in Christmas-card mode this week!)...


This lovely poinsettia stamp is from the Joyful Christmas stamp set in the Autumn/Winter catalogue, and it has so many possibilities. I stamped it once on Cherry Cobbler card, then again on some Season of Style dsp. I cut out the outer and inner flowers then layered together with dimensionals, adding pearls in the centre. The leaves were stamped on Old Olive card that I had stamped lightly with the En Francais (this was actually a piece of scrap card I had lying around and decided to use up). The background is more dsp from Season of Style, layered onto Cherry Cobbler card cut with the scalloped square framelit.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Joyful Christmas, More Merry Messages
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Paper: Season of Style dsp, Cherry Cobbler textured card, Old Olive
Accessories: Pearls
Tools: Squares framelits

Make sure you check out the fall-themed creations from the rest of the DT this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

7 comments:

  1. Now that's a pretty poinsettia!! Love the polka dots and little scallops too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Christmas card Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to punt with the challenge, Amy! You definitely nailed the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out so pretty Amy.. What a great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the poinsettia with the paper piecing! Fabulous card Amy!
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - love the paper-pieced layer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the most gorgeous Christmas card! I love the polka dots in the background and that stunning poinsettia!!!

    ReplyDelete