Friday 10 January 2014

Sweet Sorbet Stems

Hello!


I've just finished my first full week at my new job and it's been great - love what I do - but am still getting used to being back to working full time for the first time in a few years. I did manage to put a quick card together this afternoon using the fabulous Retro Sketch this week, and I was inspired by the Curtain Call inspiration piece to use some of the Sale-a-Bration dsp coming at the end of Jan...


I didn't pay enough attention to the closing time of the Curtain Call challenge so missed it (duh!) but here's what I came up with...



I used some more new goodies from the Spring/Summer catalogue - a very pretty floral stamp set called Simple Stems, and a sentiment from another floral set: Happy Watercolour. The dsp is one of the freebies you can get during the Sale-a-Bration promotion (starts on Jan 28th). I added some Summer Starfruit ribbon and Pool Party candy dots (I tried putting a bunch of different things on the edge of the dsp panel like the sketch shows but couldn't make it work so I resorted to candy dots... they work every time I tell ya!).

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Simple Stems, Happy Watercolour
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Stazon black
Paper: Sweet Sorbet dsp, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding
Accessories: Summer Starfruit stitched ribbon, Subtles candy dots
Tools: 2 1/2" circle punch, Floral Frames framelits, envelope punch board

That's all for now... I'm off to work on my swaps for an SU training day tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

1 comment: