Friday 22 March 2013

Butterflies, brayer & bling...

Hiya,

This week at the Friday Mashup Holly is bringing us a Triple challenge...

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
1. Make a project using the "Sketch".
2. Or Make a project using "Butterflies & Your Brayer".
3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with "your Brayer using the Sketch and add some Butterflies".

I decided to play around with my brayer on a piece of embossed card and this is what I ended up with...



I used the cloudy Day embossing folder and Pool Party, Baja Breeze and Island Indigo ink to create the background, then layered a bunch of butterflies in a combination of Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo card as well as vellum and silver glimmer paper, adding some rich razzleberry brads or rhinestones to the centres. The sentiment from Oh Hello was stamped with Island Indigo on a strip of white card and I added some scalloped glimmer paper underneath to finish.

Make sure you check out the great creations from the rest of the DT this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty Amy! I love the shades of blue you chose and your butterflies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your background came out.. Super cute! And the Butterflies are so pretty with the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background is awesome! Love your layered butterflies too, they have so much dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love all the details you've added like the layered butterflies and the glimmery scallops below the greeting banner. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your background came out beautiful! I love the scallops below the banner and the layered butterflies look fabulous.
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete