Saturday 9 March 2013

Pool Party Posy...

Hello!

It's time for another Dynamic Duos challenge and we've got some soft and pretty colours for you this week...


My sister asked me to make a card for a friend of hers that has just undergone an operation so I decided to use these colours to help me. I had also just received the Pop-Up Posies kit and wanted to use a tag and flower from it so that's where I started...


I used some Pool Party core'dinations card for the background, embossed with the honeycomb embossing folder and sanded lightly. I created a banner strip with some International Bazaar dsp and layered the tag over the top, on which I had embossed the sentiment in white (from Hopeful Thoughts). The flower is four (or maybe five... can't remember!) layers of the flower die-cuts, fastened with a brad in the centre (from the same kit). To achieve the look in the centre I tucked some petals underneath the brad and some others I bent back behind to get a bit more volume. The leaves were die-cut using the Little Leaves sizzlit die.

Make sure you stop by the other designers' blogs and see their amazing creations!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

8 comments:

  1. Tucking the top flower into the brad.....genius! It looks great and adds a whole new look to this flower. I love the tag with the white embossed sentiment too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool flower on your gorgeous card, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely card, Amy. I'm sure its recipient will love it! I love the DP banner with the honeycomb embossing, and I LOVE what you did with the flower - brilliant! This is a work of art. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, you are amazing! This is stunning. Great use of the kit with the sketch. I love seeing your work;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely card...so many neat elements...thank you for sharing how you did that beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just perfection Amy, I love that flower and the added kraft with this color combo is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card, Amy, I think I feel a CASE coming on!! I love the Kraft with this colour combo and what you have done with the daisy is very clever. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much gorgeous texture on this one! I love how the white sentiment just pops on the Crumb Cake layer, too.

    ReplyDelete