Tuesday 18 March 2014

Mother's Day Silhouettes...

Hi there!

It's time for another fabulous ColourQ challenge and this week the colour combo is sooo pretty!


I realised recently that I have no Mother's Day cards in my collection so I thought I'd better start making some (for my Mum and Mum-in-law as well as for the church bookshop if they request some to sell!). I pulled out Summer Silhouettes and paired it with Gorgeous Grunge and came up with this...


The idea for this definitely came from the sketch I chose to work with: Chupa's gorgeous Sketchbook Saturday layout:


I started by stamping one of the Gorgeous Grunge splatters on Whisper White using Smoky Slate ink (which I stamped off on scrap paper first, to get a lighter impression). I then stamped the stems and blossoms over the top then ran the panel through my Big Shot with the woodgrain embossing folder. I then added some leaves and a flower, both fussy cut (gotta love my paper snips!) and layered on with dimensionals. I added a strip of Watercolor Wonder dsp, some torn vellum cardstock and a strip of Smoky Slate card in between, on which I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes. The die-cut xoxo is from one of Thinlits card collections (they are so versatile!). I finished things off with a few butterflies cut from Calypso Coral core'dinations card using the Beautiful Wings embosslit, then sanded lightly to get some shading. I couldn't resist adding a few pearls at the end!!

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Summer Silhouette, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: Old Olive, Smoky Slate, Calypso Coral, Island Indigo
Paper: Watercolor Wonder dsp, Whisper White, Calpyso Coral core'dinations, Island Indigo, Smoky Slate, vellum
Accessories: pearls
Tools: Thinlits card dies, Woodgrain embossing folder, Beautiful Wings embosslit

Make sure you check out the fabulous creations of the rest of the Royal Court this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card. Love the colors.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love LOVE those fresh, vibrant colours and an 'airy' design! You rocked it, girl :)

    ReplyDelete