Tuesday 8 April 2014

Colour Q Cupcake

Hiya!

This week's combo at the ColourQ is sooo pretty:


There are so many things you could do with this combo (check out the rest of the design team for more ideas!) but I chose to go with a birthday theme using a new stamp set in my collection - Another Great Year...


Pretty clean and simple for me, really but I just had to let that fab sentiment take centre stage! I embossed it onto Bermuda Bay Top Note die-cut shape with silver EP, and again onto Whisper White, embossing with silver again. I then cut out the banners from the white image and coloured in the letters with a Tangerine Tango marker and added some faint shading (very pale Tangerine Tango... looks close to Peach Parfait I thought!) with an aquabrush. I then layered the banners over the Bermuda Bay piece with dimensionals on the ends and glue in the centre to get a multi-layered look.

The cupcake is from Create a Cupcake, stamped with a combination of Tangerine Tango, Bermuda Bay and Pool Party inks (the flower is 2nd generation Tangerine Tango, which looks like Peach Parfait). I cut out the cupcake with the matching cupcake punch, cut out the flower by hand and added a rhinestone to the centre. The final touch was the embossed stitching borders on the white card base, using one of the Needlepoint Border embossing folders.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Another Great Year, Create a Cupcake
Ink: Versamark, Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Accessories: Rhinestones, silver embossing powder
Tools: Cupcake builder bunch, Needlepoint Border embossing folder

Make sure you check out the rest of the Royal Court's gorgeous creations this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment