Thursday 10 April 2014

Lacy Butterfly Notes...

Hi there!

I'm back to share another altered journal I created on the weekend for my upcoming craft fair. This time I went very soft colours and lots of fussy details, using the layout from Seize the Sketch and colours from Fab Friday...


I have some plain notebooks that I picked up at a supermarket that are a similar colour to Baked Brown Sugar, and have 'notes' printed on the front, so I picked one of those and added a couple of panels, some stamping and embellishments and ended up with this...


The flowers are from Peaceful Petals, stamped on Whisper White and fussy cut with my paper snips (that took some concentration let me tell ya!). I coloured the stems and leaves with a Pistachio Pudding marker, shaped the flowers from the back with my embossing tool and piercing mat, then adhered to some Sahara Sand card and added pearls to the centre of the flowers (I really should have taken a close-up shot of those flowers!). The dsp panel is from Venetian Romance and I added some lace tape and Pistachio Pudding ruffled ribbon around the bottom section. I rounded the corners of both panels with the Envelope Punch board (such a nifty tool!).

The journal cover was stamped with Delicate Doilies using Whisper White ink and I created the butterflies using Backyard Basics and matching framelit, with a layer of vellum over the top.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Peaceful Petals, Backyard Basics, Delicate Doilies
Ink: Whisper White, stazon, Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar
Paper: Venetian Romance dsp, vellum, Whisper White, Sahara Sand
Accessories: lace tape, Pistachio Pudding ribbon, pearls, white chalk marker
Tools: Backyard Basics framelits, envelope punch board

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

4 comments:

  1. This notebook is truly noteworthy I would LOVE to give (or receive) something as lovely as you have created. Color combo is stunning recently stumbled onto your blog and have been pleasantly surprised with your creativity. Keep on stampin' these great projects. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Amy! That fussy-cutting is a triumph ;) Rx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! Holy cow, great job cutting out those flowers!! We need a framelit for that!! :) Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, this is a serious stunner! The delicate flowers (oh em gee, all that detail work - it so shows!) and the beautiful soft doilies stamped in the background....I just love it! Thanks so much for coming to play at Seize the Sketch with us :)

    ReplyDelete