Sunday 6 April 2014

Butterfly Believe Journal

Hello!

I've got a craft fair coming up in a couple of weeks and need to make some journals (among other things!) to take with me, so I combined some challenges to help me get started: the Color Throwdown combo and the Deconstructed Sketch...


One of the things I love about Jen's sketches are all the layers, so my finished journal also works well for Just Add Ink's challenge this week: just add layers! Here's what I came up with...


I used Gumball Green instead of Old Olive because I wanted to use the Epic Day This & That papers, and I added Basic Grey as my neutral. The sentiment (from Feel Goods) was stamped on Basic Grey with Versamark ink and embossed with Pool Party embossing powder, then cut with a circle framelit. The scallop layer behind was die-cut with the large scallop edgelit. The butterfly was created using the Bigz butterfly die (Gumball Green card) and the Beautiful Wings embosslit (some Epic Day dsp), then fixed together with an antique brad. I used another antique brad along with a punched little banner, as well as a Daffodil Delight bow and a Gumball Green dahlia in the centre.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Feel Goods
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Epic Day dsp, Basic Grey, Gumball Green
Accessories: Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon, antique brads, in-colour dahlias, Pool Party EP
Tools: Circles framelits, Bigz butterfly die, Beautiful Wings embosslit die, banner punch

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x



12 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! Keep us posted when your fair is.... Rx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous journal cover....you have used such pretty papers and the sentiment is wonderful!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Amy! I love your use of Daffodil Delight ribbon, to complement the DSP panel. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This rally caught my eye and I just had to pop over to let you know how pretty I think it is Amy; love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful journal cover! Love that sentiment!! This for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this project Amy! You've used the sketch and added layers to your notebook perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project Amy and your challenge combination works beautifully together...lot's of layers for Just Add Ink..:0) Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully striking journal cover Amy! You really brought all the layers of the sketch to life. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous journal cover and love that sentiment! What a great way to showcase the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous journal, will make a cherished gift. Great for your craft show. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you on Pinterest, and I'm so happy I did. Everything I've seen on this blog is gloriously wonderful ! I'm a new admirer from Colorado, and a fellow SU demonstrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found you on Pinterest, and I'm so happy I did. Everything I've seen on this blog is gloriously wonderful ! I'm a new admirer from Colorado, and a fellow SU demonstrator.

    ReplyDelete