Thursday 4 July 2013

Modern Coastal Wedding...

Hiya!

I wanted to play along with a couple of challenges in my free time this afternoon so I combined the always fabulous Mojo Monday sketch (congrats Julee and the team on your 300th challenge!) with the Dynamic Duos colour challenge...


I decided to use my favourite new colour, Coastal Cabana, as my choice in addition to Basic Grey (and a couple of other neutrals)...


I must say, I'm really pleased with how this one turned out (particularly considering how long it took me to make lol!). I used the Love and Laughter set for the cake, reverse masked it with post-it notes and sponged inside with Coastal Cabana ink. I added some bling using rhinestones as well as a little Simply Pressed clay flower that I made with dyed Coastal Cabana clay. The sentiment is from the new Label Love set, trimmed out with my paper snips then layered onto a Coastal Cabana artisan label punched shape. The circle element is a die-cut Basic Grey doily, layered over a Basic Grey circle. The designer paper is the new Modern Medley paper (so versatile in vanilla and black), and the Coastal Cabana panel was stamped with a flourish from Flowering Flourishes. The background piece is Smoky Slate card, and all the panels were layered on Basic Grey.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Label Love, Love and Laughter, Flowering Flourishes
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Basic Grey
Paper: Modern Medley dsp, Coastal Cabana, Basic Grey, Smoky Slate, Very Vanilla
Tools: Artisan label punch, delicate doilies sizzlit, circles #2 die, simply pressed flower mold
Accessories: Lace trim, rhinestones, simply pressed clay

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love that strip of lace - just takes the 'fancy' to a whole other level :) Super layers embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I love the rose on the top of the cake, and the rhinestones on the cake layers, the swirl and lace doily hiding in the background! Very pretty! Thank you for sharing such a fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete