Friday 13 April 2012

Unscripted Penguin Muppet...

How's that for a weird title eh? I've combined two challenges - the Unscripted 3rd anniversary sketch (the one from week 3) and the Friday Mashup challenge: to make a kid's card using the colours of your favourite Muppet character... I chose Elmo!


Hee hee - so cute... and I love his voice! I used his colours of red, orange, white and black to come up with this:


I'm not usually so good with kids' cards but I love how this turned out! I used one of the penguins and the present stack from Polar Party and coloured him with markers and a blender pen then cut him out. I popped the image up on a white circle cut with the Circles #2 die then layered onto a Riding Hood Red decorative circle from the Perfect Pennants die. The banner was created using dsp and the Petite Pennants punch then tied together with Baker's Twine. I added some Basic Black 1/8" taffeta ribbon and a sentiment from Happiest Birthday Wishes (a hostess set).

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Polar Party, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Ink: Stazon
Paper: Riding Hood Red and Pumpkin Pie dsp, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Polka Dots embossing folder, Circles #2 die, Perfect Pennants die, Petite Pennants punch, Basic Black 1/8" taffeta ribbon, white Baker's Twine

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

9 comments:

  1. thanks for showing us your favourite Muppet! Cute card.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little penguin - love the embossing! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card I love the pennants. I just got that punch and its awesome. Glad you could play along with us at US

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word: Adorable! Love the colors and the pennants. Thank you for joining us at Unscripted Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Love the penguin and the use of Elmo's bright colors. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you've used Polar Party for a birthday card. Super bunting too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that you used a penguin from Polar Party to make a card inspired by Elmo!! The colors and layout are fabulous!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this is adorable.. I love what you did with the penguin, the colors are spot on! The sketch is works great with the image. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup! Wocka Wock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I am amazed at your coloring of that cute little penguin! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete