Sunday 1 July 2012

Paper Players Polar Party...!

Hi there,

I'm so excited - today is my first challenge as a member of the Paper Players DT! I'm so honoured to have been asked by Lesley to join the team for the next 6 months and I'm looking forward to playing along with all the great challenges coming up. This week there's a theme challenge:
For this Christmas-themed challenge I just had to pull out Polar Party - my favourite Christmas set in our current catty...


I created some snow drifts using one of the Adorning Accents edgelits dies and embossing folder, layering them onto a piece of Baja Breeze textured card that I had stamped with snowflakes (in both Baja Breeze ink and Frost White shimmer paint). I stamped the polar bear and penguin onto Shimmer White card and coloured with blender pens and ink, then cut them out and layered on the snow drifts with dimensionals. The dsp in the background is from a retired pack - it has a fuzzy flocked snowflake on it which adds extra texture to the card. I added some pleated satin Baja Breeze ribbon and a few rhinestones to finish this one off.

Make sure you check out what the rest of the DT have created...


Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

17 comments:

  1. The whole card is utterly charming...but I am IN LOVE with your snow! What a creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowdrifts have captured my imagination big time! I must have a go at this later today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Amy! I love the snow drifts that you have created with the edgelits! So creative! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow drifts were the first detail I saw that is such a clever idea. I also love the snoflakes in the sky. You are so creative I am looking forward to see more of your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo cute, Amy! I love the snow drifts. What a wonderful idea to use the Edgelits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, Amy! You are so creative, I love how you created the snow drifts with the Edgelits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable Amy, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy! Welcome to the PP team!! Hooray! SO excited to be creating with you! Your card is so sweet and I love the way you created the cute scene. The embossed snowy slopes look fantastic. What a creative way to use the embossong folder and the die cuts. Love it! Hope you had a fun weekend! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely adorable Amy! Love the snowy slopes & your cute, coloured characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet scene and an absolute genius move to create snow drifts from those embossing folders/edgelits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Talk about inspired, those snowdrifts are brilliant! Love your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, Amy, I love that you created hills with the edgelits! That is brilliant! Must try that! Thanks for the tip! Such adorable images too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card. I popped over from Victoria (Furry Tales) blog to check out the snow drifts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I couldn't wait to comment on this card---the snowdrifts are SO clever! I just am going to have to try this myself! Ingenious! So glad you are bringing your fabulous talent to the Paper Players. I think you're going to make me step up my game a bit, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! So glad to be a team member along side you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cute card!! I love the edge on the snow drifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy, what a way to kick off your DT stint! I love the snowdrifts and the fact that you tied the layers together with snowflakes. Fabulous.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete