Wednesday 5 September 2012

This one's for Evi....

Hiya!

My very sweet friend Evi just happens to work for UPS and when I told her I was expecting a delivey of brand new goodies today, she picked them up and dropped them round to me first thing this morning so I didn't have to wait for the delivery man... how sweet is that??! She said she was expecting to see something on my blog tonight with these new goodies so I couldn't let her down so I combined a couple of challenges to get me started...


I finally got to play with my favourite set from the Autumn/Winter catty - Ornament Keepsakes - and the matching dies! I went a bit vintage with this one...


I started by stamping the ornament with Real Red on Very Vanilla and die-cut. I used the new piercing template that coordinates with these ornaments to pierce around the shape (love these new templates!). I stamped the greeting from Delightful Decorations with Basic Grey on Real Red and punched out with a 3/4" circle punch and layered it onto the ornament then added a bow with Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon. The Lucky Limeade layer behind was embossed with the new Lacy Brocade embossing folder and I used some Candlelight Christmas dsp in the background. Most panels were layered on Basic Grey and sponged with Crumb Cake ink to add a vintage touch. A little strip of lace and a few Basic Grey buttins finished this one off.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, as usual!!! Love your use of Basic Gray and the lace! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card!! Love everything about it! The piercing around the ornament is such a great design feature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are some good connections to have! Lovely card and the paper piercing is really cool, I love how it highlights the ornament Amy! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card. ;-) I love the patterns and your awesome piercing around the ornament. The lace, button, and ribbon are such nice touches. And how fun to have such a thoughtful friend! Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a friend you have!!! :)

    Your card is beautiful and I love the way you outlined the ornament with the piercing! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card with so many awesome details. I love the buttons peeking from behind the image panel! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, this card is stunning! The ornament is beautiful and I love the piercing surrounding it!Thanks for sharing this card with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete