Saturday 19 January 2013

Dynamic Valentines...


Hiya!

We've got snow in Bristol - hooray!! I know those of you who have it all the time probably think I'm a bit weird for being excited about snow, but it doesn't happen often in Bristol and seeing as I have a day at home when I don't have to travel in it - I'm enjoying the prettiness of it!! Anyway, enough rambling from me - I'm here to share my Dynamic Duos card this week...


I had an idea in my head for ages for this one - as soon as I saw the colours I wanted to try the Chalkboard technique that is so popular at the moment so that's where I started...


I loved how the chalkboard came out! First I stamped the greeting from You are Loved on black card and embossed with white EP, die-cut it with a labels framelit, then I added some doodled stitching and a xo with a white pencil. I also coloured a strip of white across the middle with a white pencil, and finally stamped the greeting again, this time with white ink, slightly offset against the embossed one so it looks like a shadow.

The background is a combination of First Edition and Candlelight Christmas dsp, together with Naturals Ivory (I sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake to distress a bit). I added a strip of black card, die-cut with an edgelit and embossed with the coordinating embossing folder, then layered with lace trim and some red taffeta ribbon (with a little vintage safety pin trinket attached to the bow). I finished things off with a heart (coming in the Spring/Summer catalogue) stamped with Real Red, die-cut, then decorated with a vintage faceted button and linen thread.

I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch for my layout...


The design team have some fab red and black creations for you this week - you can check them out at Dynamic Duos or click on the links on my sidebar.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

10 comments:

  1. Опять красиво! Очень понравилась открыточка!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is stunning...I luv your design...hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I didn't look on the blog before making my project, so I'm super excited I some how channeled "the AMY WHITE." Maybe that blog stalking is finally paying off :) Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mix of designer papers and ribbons! I definitely need to check out the chalkboard technique.....it looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome chalkboard, Amy! And that stamp is perfect for it. Really pretty card today :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great chalkboard! I love the little "xo"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Amy. ;-) I love how you used the colors, and your chalkboard element is fantastic! Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy i love the chalkboard panel, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Amy, so pretty and I need to try that technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your chalkboard card too, Amy! I'm so glad to check out your blog again after a long absence. You do great things with the Stampin' Up!

    ReplyDelete