Thursday 13 March 2014

Smoky Happy Sunshine

Hiya!

I snuck in some time to create a little something when I should have been in bed asleep last night... I wanted to play with a couple of challenges and had an idea floating around in my head that I'd seen many examples of so I thought I'd have a go. I combined the colours over at the Paper Players with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch...


Here's my version of the 'banner sun' idea...



The sentiment (from one of the Sale-a-Bration sets, See Ya Later) was stamped on Crushed Curry with Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. It was then punched out with the 1 3/4" circle punch then I glued little banners to the back, punched from dsp using the little banner punch available for FREE during Sale-a-Bration. The background panels are both Smoky Slate dsp - one from Eastern Elegance in the Annual Catalogue and the other from Watercolour Wonder from the Spring/Summer catty. I layered them both on Marina Mist card then onto a white card base. The Marina Mist panel behind the sun is core'dinations card, embossed with the Decorative Dots embossing folder (also a Sale-a-Bration freebie) and sanded. I added some gold sequins and bakers twine to finish off. I kinda wish I had left the largest panel in the background as Smoky Slate card cos I'm not sure about all the patterns together, but oh well - was too tired to try to fix it!

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: See Ya Later
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Eastern Elegance dsp, Watercolour Wonder dsp, Marina Mist core'dinations, Crushed Curry, Marina Mist
Accessories: White EP, Gold sequins, Gold baker's twine
Tools: banner punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, Decorative Dots embossing folder, sanding block, envelope punch board

That's all for now... Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x



5 comments:

  1. Clever design, and I love the white embossing...it really gives a clean look to this cute little image! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Amy and the banners around the circle looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use the bitty banner..... to create sunrays! I love the design and what a great use of the colors. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week, Amy
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Amy - great idea to use the gold twine and sequin accents too... very sunshiney ;) Thanks again for a great party this afternoon, it was fun! Glad to have found your blog, Ruthx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this, Amy! The cheery sunshine, the distressed dots and the fab mix of patterns. So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with my colors this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete