Friday 24 August 2012

Mashup Aviary Thanks...

Hi there,

There's a fun colour challenge this week at the Friday Mashup:

 
So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with the colors "Midnight Muse, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise & Soft Suede".
  2. Or Make a "Thank You" project .
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Thank You project w/ the colors Midnight Muse, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise & Soft Suede".
 
I decided to pair the colours with the sketch from Pals Paper Arts:



As demonstrators we were able to pre-order some things from the up-coming Autumn/Winter catalogue as well as the NEW in-colours - hooray!! I was hoping mine would arrive in time for this colour challenge so I could use Midnight Muse... and my box of goodies arrived on Monday - woohoo! I used the Aviary set to create my focal panel...


I stamped the Midnight Muse background with some of the images from the Aviary set. The So Saffron panel is a mix of cardstock embossed with the dotty embossing folder and some So Saffron dsp layered on Whisper White. The central panel is a shape cut with the labels framelits dies, stamped with the birdcage stand in Soft Suede. I stamped each birdcage with Soft Suede and the owl and bird inside then trimmed with my paper snips and popped up with dimensionals. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, punched out with the Word Window punch. The ribbon is whisper white taffeta spritzed with So Saffron ink mixed with water.

Make sure you pop over to the Friday Mashup to check out what the rest of the DT have created.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

11 comments:

  1. Love this set, and your card is beautiful, the colours look amazing. Glad your goodies arrived, hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Amy! I love the stamped background and how you placed the panel akilter! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I just love that bow, you did a beautiful job on it. I can NEVER get my bows to look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are just stunning! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve your card!!!! So cute. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Amy! Love the stamped background, and the combination of the stripes in DSP and embossed cardstock look really nice. You've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, What an adorable card. Love your interpretation of the sketch. You really took it to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, Amy! The alternating DSP/embossed yellow strips are genius! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Amy,
    You are one of the three winners on the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge. Your email address does not seem to be on your blog so I could not email the code for the badge but it looks like you've won in the past. Please let me know your email address if you'd like the code again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I really love how you alternated the textured polka dot strips with the DSP polka dots! Genius! Your little birdies look so adorable in their little cages! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. bravo, amy, on being a Pals Paper Arts top pick this week. your colors are so splashy and i love how you continued the bird cages in the background. hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete