Saturday 11 August 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch - Guest Stamper!

Hello!

I have exciting news: I get to play along with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch as a Guest Stamper... woohoo!


I love Karen's sketches so when I found out that I'd been chosen to be a guest designer I was thrilled! This week's sketch was a fun one with lots of possibilities:


I decided to use a stamp set that should {hopefully!} be in our UK catty come October called Elements of Style...


The floral image was embossed with black on watercolour paper and coloured with markers and an aqua brush. The dsp is a mix of Not Quite Navy prints and Paisley Petals. The sentiment is from Apothecary Art, stamped with Not Quite Navy on Daffodil Delight and turned into a banner using a square punch to shape the end. I created a ruffled ribbon effect using some white organza ribbon and sticky strip then finished it off with a matching bow with an antique brad in the middle. I couldn't resist adding a little butterfly as a final touch!

I used the colour palette from this week's Colour Q challenge but had to make some substitutions because we don't have the new in colours yet (not long now!!).


You can check out what Karen and the rest of the DT have created here.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

x Amy x

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, look at that delicious ribbon! I love the watercolored image - wow! Fabulous job with the sketch and I'm SO thrilled you were able to play along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunningly rich! I love all of those colors topped off with that beautiful white ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers Amy, this is gorgeous.. Love the ribbon treatment and the beautiful flower image! Glad you joined us this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are so pretty with the pleated ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy this is just stunning! Your coloring is amazing. I love these colors together. Your pleated ribbon is fabulous! So glad you played along with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Amy, those roses are lovely! thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, I have recently started following your blog and I was so happy for you to be chosen as Karen's guest designer. Your card is stunning - love the watercoloring and the gorgeous ribbon treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is so pretty! Love that soft ribbon bunched up behind the sentiment. thanks for joining us at ColourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Amy! Love the yellow roses and your soft pleated ribbon!

    ReplyDelete