Sunday 12 May 2013

It's an Epic Day...

Hiya!

I recently got hold of the This & That Epic Day bundle and couldn't wait to play so last night I was on the hunt for some challenges to help me. I wanted to play along with this week's Mojo Monday sketch and then I spotted the Dynamic Duos anniversary challenge so I scrolled through the previous colour combos and found one that is featured in the dsp I wanted to use - hooray!


Ok, well the dsp is actually Gumball Green and Daffodil Delight but I figured it was pretty close! Here's what I came up with...


One thing I love about the Dynamic Duos challenge is that you can use any neutrals you like, so one colour combo can have lots of different looks depending on the neutrals you add - in this case I added Crumb Cake, Basic Grey and white.  This card is my first attempt at using washi tape (can you spot the two pieces??). I've often seen it used in a CAS way, but as you probably know if you know my style that wasn't really gonna happen for me eh?! I thought the little flag element in the sketch would work with washi and I was quite pleased with how it looked over the dsp. I also added a strip along the bottom of the green dsp piece.

The flower was created using the Daydream Medallions set and coordinating flower framelits, as well as one of the leaves from Wonderfall and the autumn accents die. I added an antique brad in the centre (love those things!) and crumpled the petals and leaves to give a bit of dimension. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, stamped in Gumball Green and cut out with an Itty Bitty Banner die. The white card in the background is Naturals White and I stamped a flourish (from Flowering Flourishes) on it with Crumb Cake ink.

As well as using the Epic Day paper, it's my very own epic day today as it's my birthday! I was thinking about the last year and thought I'd share my top three highlights (for those who want to stick around for the personal stuff!)...
1) Lecturing in the Bible School (and being asked in the first place!). This definitely was a real dream come true for me this year and I'm so thankful to God for the opportunity.
2) Going on a last-minute surprise (and paid for!) trip to Australia for Christmas - my first time in 12 years seeing many of my family and friends - definitely a huge blessing!
3) Discovering Professor Horner's Bible Reading System. This might seem like a strange one to some, but finding this plan has really helped me in my reading and studying of the Bible, which is my passion. I've also been able to pass it along to others, which has in turn helped them, and that is also a massive blessing.
Other highlights include being on three different design teams, running my stamping classes, meeting new customers and demonstrators and making new friends in the process.

Thank you to all of you who come and visit my blog and also to those who leave me such lovely comments. I know I don't get the opportunity to thank you all or comment on all your blogs, but I truly am grateful for your sweet words of encouragement!

Thanks for stopping by today...

x Amy x

7 comments:

  1. Amy, I just finished printing out Professor Horner's Bible -Reading system. I am going to try it! I am 63 and have a harder time remembering things but am so excited at the prospect of this new system of learning God's Word. Please join me in prayer that the Holy Spirit will also come along side of me and enlighten me. Thank you for sharing this on your web site. I also enjoy your cards. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! Lovely fresh spring colour combo! Thanks for joining us for Dynamic Duos fun this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colour Duo and your card is gorgeous, great detail on your flower. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flower, Amy! Love your card elements and how they come together for such a springy effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! And I thought you might like to try another color challenge that has similar rules as Dynamic Duos it is...colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday, Amy. May God continue to bless you as you serve Him in all you do. (pretty card, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I. Love. This!!! Fabulous way to showcase the colors and that washi tape is fa-fa-fabulous! Speaking of fabulous...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you pretty lady! I hope you had a great day! Big hugs! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete