Monday 20 May 2013

Pacific Blue Birthday...

Hiya,

I needed to whip up a quick birthday card for one of the guys in our church worship team the other day so I used a few challenges to help me out: Dynamic Duos, CAS(E) this Sketch and the Paper Players...



Believe it or not, I think I actually pulled off a CAS card that I'm happy with...


I used Naturals Ivory for the card base, scoring around the edges at 1/4" from each edge, then stamped the grunge elements from Clockworks on the front with Basic Grey ink, then stamped the water drops from French Foliage over the top and embossed with silver EP. The ribbon badge image was stamped with Pacific Point on Very Vanilla and cut out, with the ribbon flags layered with First Edition dsp. The greeting was stamped with black craft ink and embossed with clear EP, then punched out with a circle punch, layered on a slightly larger Basic Grey circle, then onto the Pacific Point piece. I couldn't resist adding a couple of bits of washi tape at the top (that stuff is growing on me!).

Thanks for stopping by... Hope your week ahead is a great one!

x Amy x

6 comments:

  1. I'm still a little puzzled at using the Washi Tape. You've used it perfectly, not creating a busy card with it. So love all the grunge! Thanks for playing Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love your combination of the muted background with the bold and solid image from Blue Ribbon. This is a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background stamping is wonderful! Love the touch of silver too! Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful :) I like the background you have created :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean and simple perfection! What attention to detail! I LOVE it! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, what a fabulous card! I love the clean look, and what a great addition of the washi tape! I also love the splatters. Very creative. Good luck in the challenges, I think you nailed them all!
    hugs, sharon w.

    ReplyDelete