Friday 26 July 2013

Christmas in July!

Hiya!

This week the Friday Mashup is getting festive with a challenge from Lisa...

Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project for "Christmas / Hanukkah".
  2. Create a project with "Stripes".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "Christmas / Hanukkah project with Stripes".

The stripes bit of this challenge had me thinking because I don't have a lot of the new dsp yet and none of the stuff I do have has stripes in it so I thought maybe I could use the stripes embossing folder, but I wasn't feeling it! I eventually found a piece of the Naturals Composition paper that has a stripe on it, looked up Baked Brown Sugar in the colour coach (which I think is closer to the NC paper than Crumb Cake), found a Christmas combo and was good to go!


I used the ornaments from Ornament Keepsakes, stamped with Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler, strung them together with linen thread and then layered a ticket greeting over the top. That panel was layered on Champagne glimmer paper then onto Garden Green card. The Cherry Cobbler panel in the background is core'dinations card that I embossed and sanded. I couldn't resist adding some of the lush new chevron ribbon in Pear Pizzazz!

I used the Mojo Monday sketch to help me on this one...


Make sure you check out the other Christmassy creations from the rest of the design team!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

7 comments:

  1. You might think I'm crazy when I say this... but I'm going to risk it ;)
    This card looks so much like "Christmas" that I want to eat it!! It reminds me of a gingerbread house, or my grandma's cooking or something. Such a warm, cozy, traditional card. Love it, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ornaments on a string, Amy! That's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely (as always!), Amy! And such a gorgeous bow :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Amy! I love the colors, the sentiment across the ornament and that bow...WOW! How the heck do you make such awesome bows?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I really love the row of ornaments with the greeting tag on top! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that luscious bow, Amy! the ornaments have me excited to plan some more classes with that set! Lovely use of the sketch at MOJO.

    ReplyDelete