Wednesday 3 July 2013

Washi tape sunshine...

Hi there!

I had fun playing around with SU's new washi tape the other day (I didn't think I was going to be 'into' this product, but it's surprisingly addictive!!) and I used the colour challenge from Create with Connie and Mary to get me started...


Funnily enough, these colours are the exact colours of the washi tape (do you think they planned it that way...?!) so it was a good place to start. I had the idea of using the sunshine sentiment from Feels Good and creating a sun with the stamps from Daydream Medallions... It was going to be a simple card at first, but then I got a bit carried away...


I ended up adding dsp, rhinestones, ribbon... oh well, that's just how I roll I guess!

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Feels Good, Daydream Medallions
Ink: Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Quatrefoil Fancy dsp, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Accessories: Gingham Garden washi tape, rhinestones, Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

6 comments:

  1. Oh my word this is just sooooooooo cute! Bright and happy and perfect with your sentiment! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...you know our secret! Love how you stamped the corner to look like the sun and then used that greeting! Awesome card! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the washi tape on this! What a great design! Love all the elements you added! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just SO ADORABLE!! I'm glad you "got carried away" because you came up with such a bright, happy and sunny card!! Love the layout too! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little late getting my comment out to you...but I see you made the top three! Way to go! I really like your sample. Love your use of the medallion stamps in the one corner and the washi tape in the other. Very bright and cheerful! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely stunning! TFS and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete