Tuesday 27 August 2013

Fab Zoo ColourQ!

Hello all!

I had a lovely relaxing weekend chilling with my sister, who came up to visit me from London, and we ate WAY too much (sugar... in the form of cake, biscuits and dessert lol!) but had a great time watching White Collar on Netflix hee hee! I took some time out to just create for fun which was nice too. Today I get to share with you my creation with this week's ColourQ palette...


How fun is this combo?! I've just received my Zoo Babies stamp set and the Alphabet Press embossing folder, which go perfectly together, so I wanted to use them with these fun colours...


I used Gumball Green instead of Lucky Limeade and Elegant Eggplant instead of Concord Crush (I sell most of my retired inks etc. to save room and make some money to spend on new stuff lol!). The background is Calypso Coral core'dinations card, embossed with the Alphabet Press embossing folder and sanded to reveal the core, then layered onto Elegant Eggplant card. The focal point was cut using the square framelits (as was the Vellum cardstock layer underneath) and stamped with the croc and bird using my stamp-a-ma-jig to get the bird sitting on the croc! I created the banner by punching little triangles out of dsp and Bermuda Bay card using the Pennant Parade punch. The elephant was stamped separately, cut out and popped up with dimensionals. I couldn't resist adding ribbon (when can I not?!) - the gorgeous Calypso Coral chevron ribbon went perfectly with this design I thought! And of course... there had to be candy dots didn't there..?!

I used the Fab Friday sketch for my layout on this one...


Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Zoo Babies, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Gumball Green, Bermuda Bay
Paper: Epic Day dsp, Calypso Coral core'dinations, vellum cardstock, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Calypso Coral chevron ribbon, Regals candy dots
Tools: Pennant Parade punch, square framelits, Itty Bitty banner framelits, Alphabet Press embossing folder, sanding block

Make sure you check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the design team!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

5 comments:

  1. CUTE card Amy, love all of those fun animals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little banners are so sweet! And I love the sanded background. Seriously cute card! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Everything about this card is just so cute! The banners are great and I LOVE the sanded embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little scene with these animals! These colors are perfectly suited to them and your bow is the "wow" finish for sure! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color combo by Colour Q! You paired all of the elements together perfectly! Embossing the paper with the Alphabet EF and then using the sandpaper to rough it up is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete