Friday 30 August 2013

Retro Baked Poinsettia...

Hello!

It's my turn to host the Friday Mashup this week and I've got a fun recipe for us to play with...


Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project with using "A-B-C (use elements on your projects starting with the letters A, B, C). "
  2. Create a project using a "1-2-3 card recipe (1 embellishment, 2 Stamp Sets, 3 Colors) ."
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project "A-B-C & a 1,2,3 card recipe. "

I chose to make a Christmas card using the colours Always Artichoke, Baked Brown Sugar and Cherry Cobbler (A, B, C). See if you can spot the 1-2-3...


How gorgeous is that poinsettia??! It one of the fab new Christmas stamps in the new Autumn/Winter catalogue (email me if you want to place an order!). I stamped it on Cherry Cobbler card twice and embossed with gold EP then cut out the two layers and layered up with dimensionals. The leaves were stamped on Always Artichoke, embossed and cut out then popped under the flower.

The central strip is Baked Brown Sugar card stamped with the text and star image from O Holy Night using a stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up. The ribbon is Very Vanilla seam binding.

I used this week's Retro Sketch (somewhat loosely!) for my layout...


Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Joyful Christmas, O Holy Night
Ink: Versamark, Baked Brown Sugar
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Baked Brown Sugar, Naturals Ivory
Accessories: Very Vanilla seam binding, gold EP

Make sure you check out what the rest of the design team have cooked up this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

5 comments:

  1. You really gave us a good challenge this week, I know it made me think hard! I had to go back a few times because I had forgotten part of the recipe and had to fix what I was using LOL

    Love this Christmas card, the gold on the leaves really pops! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Amy this is gorgeous!! I love the big poinsettia accented with your pretty bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy I am so glad to have discovered your blog :). LOVE LOVE LOVE this card and I hope you won't mind me trying a similar one. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete