Sunday 10 November 2013

Real Coastal Mojo

Hiya!

Sorry about being pretty quiet on my blog recently - I've been so busy getting ready for my big trip to Australia in a couple of weeks with overtime at work and a bunch of Stampin' Up events, I've not had much time to create and blog! Well this afternoon I decided to take some time out to play along with a couple of challenges I had my eye on: the FAB Mojo Monday sketch as well as the gorgeous colours over at Create with Connie & Mary...


My two favourite colours are red and aqua so I knew I had to play with this colour combo! Initially I was thinking of a Christmas card but then I decided to play around with some flower sets and punches...


The flowers were created using a combination of Mixed bunch and Flower Shop stamps and punches, with a Simply Pressed clay flower in the middle of the larger one (dyed with Coastal Cabana ink). I used some Winter Frost dsp for the vertical banner and stamped a flourish on the Coastal Cabana card in the background to add further detail. I pierced around the tag using my piercing tool and template and added a lovely Smoky Slate chevron ribbon bow to finish.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Mixed Bunch, Flower Shop, Oh Hello, Flowering Flourishes
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Smoky Slate, Versamark
Paper: Winter Frost dsp, Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Simply Pressed Clay, Smoky Slate chevron ribbon
Tools: Blossom punch, Pansy punch, Squares framelits, Piercing tool, mat & template

Thanks for stopping by today!

x Amy x

9 comments:

  1. Oh, gorgeous card! I love this color combo, too...and the flowers work perfectly on it! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love how those red flowers pop against the Coastal Cabana! So many beautiful details on your card! Love it!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you combines all of the different flowers! Lovely! Thanks for joining us in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! The flowers are so creative, I love all the layers. Thanks so much for joining the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Amy, your card is just stunning! The red flowers give such a bold punch of color... just beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...what a wonderful card! I just love the way your pretty flowers just POP on there! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Amy. The flowers look great all in red, layered and popped! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow - this is stunning, Amy! You have used the challenge colours to perfection. I love how the real red blooms 'pop'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Amy! I love how you've mixed three different flowersets, as well as incorporating christmas dsp! Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete