Monday 7 May 2012

Fresh wall art for Mum...

Hi there,

Mother's Day is coming up in Australia (where my Mummy lives!) so I wanted to make something I could send her along with her card. I decided to make a little wall hanging that she can put in her kitchen or study or even bring to work with her. I used the inspiration and theme from the Friday Mashup challenge (not the pop-up bit though) as well as the layout from Freshly Made Sketches.



I used the new Tea Shoppe set from the Summer mini catty (my Mum loves all things 'tea and teapots') to create this:


These are really simple to make using a piece of bare chipboard as the base, then the rest is just like putting a card together. I used some Attic Boutique paper from the Summer mini and took the colour scheme from that. The cup was stamped on Very Vanilla using Regal Rose ink rock 'n' rolled in Rose Red, then I covered with Versamark and clear embossed. The panel it is 'sitting' on is Crumb Cake stamped with the Woodgrain background stamp - I glued a doily half from the Flirtatious dsp pack to make a 'tablecloth' of sorts. The heart and U was die-cut with the Timeless Type set of Alphabet dies (I just got these and I'm loving them!). I added a few pearls, and some lace to hang it with.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Tea Shoppe, Woodgrain, For My Family
Ink: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Paper: Attic Boutique dsp, Flirtatious doily, Pool Party textured card, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Tools: Swirls Scribbles sizzlit die, Timeless Type sizzlits dies
Accessories: pearls, lace trim, clear EP, jumbo eyelets (retired)

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely Amy, I'm sure your mum will love it. I'm into all things tea myself, and this is a wonderful way of putting these items together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, this is so gorgeous! What a great way to use the sketch. I love the soft, happy colours you have used, and that you made this into something to display! I'm sure your mom will be delighted to hand it on her wall :)

    The swirls you have used for the tea cup are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cup on the doily! Thanks for joining our dual challenge this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Paper Lovin' Gals and Friday Mashup DTs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful! What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic project! I love this set and you did a wonderful job using it here! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable project, I love that you used the heart and the letter to make the sentiment...matches the FMU inspiration photo so well. Thank you for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome card! I just love that tea cup, especially how you used it in the sketch. What a great Mother's Day card! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!! Thanks for playing at the Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute did this come out? What a great idea to make a wall hanging.. I love that it says MUM too. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup and the Paper Lovin' Gals.

    ReplyDelete