Wednesday 16 May 2012

Grateful Poppies...

Hi there,

I wanted to play along with this week's Friday Mashup challenge, but in the UK we're not really that big on the whole 'patriotic' theme and our remembrance event happens in November, which is symbolised by the poppy so I thought I would go in that direction, with a theme of gratitude (although I don't know anyone who has served in the armed forces, I do know that they deserve our thanks a thousand times over). I used the Card Patterns sketch to get me going...



I used the Ornate Flowers set to create some poppies and came up with this:


I stamped the flowers twice each in Poppy Parade then again in Night of Navy, cutting out the centres and layering on the full flowers. I added some swirls cut with the Swirls Scribbles die. The dsp is from the new Attic Boutique range in the Summer Mini catty.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Ornate Flowers, Apothecary Art
Ink: Poppy Parade, Night of Navy
Paper: Attic Boutique dsp, Night of Navy, Confetti White
Tools: Swirls Scribbles die, corner rounder punch, edgelits die & embossing folder
Accessories: Daffodil Delight striped ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful poppies, Amy! I love the papers you have used, and that bow?! Fab! Great take on the challenge altogether. Glad you shared with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poppies! Here in the states we have Veterans Day in November...a day to honor all those serving, or that have served(vs Memorial Day, where we honor those that gave their life while serving) and we also use poppies as a symbol of remembrance!

    I love the paper you used and that big ribbon is just perfect....yellow ribbons are used as a symbol to remember the troops here in the US.

    Beautifully done...thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup, and for sharing the traditions of your country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bow on your lovely card.

    Thanks for joining our challenge this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous take on the challenge, Amy! I love the ribbon and the poppies. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute images, and I love that bow!! Do you have that "Stay Calm" stamp set there? I just read up on where that came from, and what you said about not being big on patriotic in the UK made me think of that. I wonder how you could apply that set to the mashup... hmmm. Anyway, thanks for playing at the Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card! I love the Daffodil Ribbon! Thanks for playing along at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous poppies and a terrific bow!! So glad you joined the Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so bold and striking, Amy! Love those new papers and the gorgeous striped ribbon. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete