Tuesday 2 September 2014

BeYOUtiful Garden...

Hello!


Well, we are back from holiday and back into work and this week has been BUSY so far (good busy, but still doesn't leave a lot of time for crafty things!). Thankfully I had some time on the weekend to play with the ColourQ palette this week - it's so pretty!



When I saw the different colours with the splash of green I immediately thought of flowers, and while I have a LOT of flower sets {lol}, I decided to go with Corner Garden because it is so beautiful and I think I need to push myself to use it in different ways (I took rather a long time colouring it with Blendabilities and then wondered how often I'd have the time to do that, so I wanted to look for other options as well!). I'm actually thinking of doing an online class to download with some different projects using this set - do let me know if you would be interested in seeing something like that! Anyway, enough rambling... here's what I came up with using these colours...



I decided to just use a portion of the image and use it in a different orientation than it is shown on the reference picture (I know you can do that with most stamps but does anyone else ever just get stuck with the 'standard' layout of something and forget to move things around??). I was inspired by the PPA layout this week...


I cut out the large flower in the corner and popped up a couple of layers for my circular element as shown in the sketch. The square panels were cut out using square framelits (the largest plain square as well as the scalloped one). The Corner Garden image was stamped on Naturals Ivory card then embossed with white embossing powder and coloured with an aqua brush and inkpads. I added a sentiment from Flower Patch and a couple of blinged-up butterflies from Papillon Potpourri to finish. I also added little dots with the white chalk pen around the scalloped square.


Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Corner Garden, Papillon Potpourri, Flower Patch
Ink: Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, Strawberry Slush, Old Olive, Versamark
Paper: Naturals White, Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Accessories: rhinestones, white chalk marker, white embossing powder
Tools: Squares framelits, Bitty Butterfly punch


Make sure you check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the Royal Court this week, and if you get a chance, do play along with us with these gorgeous colours this week!


Thanks for stopping by...


x Amy x

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning work! Great take on the sketch, and your coloring is just perfection. Thanks for playing along with Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring, Amy! It's such a vibrant card! Love it! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I love this card and congratulate you on your win over at PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty! Great colouring Amy and I love the dimension by poppig up the big peony ;) Rx

    ReplyDelete