Tuesday 9 September 2014

Owl Awesomeness...

Hello!

It's time for another great ColourQ challenge and this week we get to play with some of this year's In Colours with this pretty combination...


I already had a little Project Life card in Hello Honey that I had stamped with this fab sentiment with Smoky Slate ink, ready to make up a card, but it had been sitting in my 'unfinished pile' for weeks. When I saw the combo I knew I wanted to use it so I grabbed my owl punch and got to work...


Tee hee!! So cute! I actually made this with my sister in mind as she has just gotten a LONG overdue promotion so I wanted to send her something to say congrats - she loves owls and yellow so this is perfect for her (hopefully!). I used the sketch from Fab Friday for my layout, but I had to make a bit of larger card than usual to accommodate the PL card - the finished card is 7x5".


Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Big News
Ink: Smoky Slate (inkpad and Blendabilities)
Paper: Happiness Is Project Life collection, Moonlight dsp, Blackberry Bliss, Naturals White, So Saffron, Smoky Slate
Accessories: Hello Honey ribbons, Subtles buttons
Tools: Flower Frenzy die, Owl builder punch

Make sure you check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team this week - we'd love to have you play along with us too!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

5 comments:

  1. simply adorable! I love when stampers bring older products to life with newer products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to showcase this sentiment with a PL card! And your owl is totally adorable! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Amy! Your work is always so polished and well thought out. Love that! Thanks for playing along with FabFriday's sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, this is amazing! The Project Life card works perfectly here. You are so creative, love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours and that sentiment is amazing! Love this super special card!

    ReplyDelete