Friday 8 June 2012

For the Birds...

Hi there,

It's time for the Friday Mashup challenge and this week Lisa has challenged us to get sketchy with birds!


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
1. Make a project using " the Sketch ".
2. Or Make a project featuring " Birds ".
3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " project using the Sketch featuring Birds ".

I dug out a couple of sets I haven't used in a while to create my card...


I started with the frame from Notably Ornate stamped in Sahara Sand and trimmed with my paper snips. This stamp set was one that I absolutely loved when it first came out but I haven't used it anywhere near as much as I thought I would! It goes really well with Nature's Walk in that they have the same vintage-feel detailed stamps. I stamped the birdcage from Nature's Walk in Sahara Sand and the bird in black, cut both out and layered on the frame. I used black 1/8" taffeta ribbon to create a bow, secured with an antique brad at the top of the frame - I layered some black striped grosgrain underneath. The Daffodil Delight layer was inked with Tea Stain ink (from the Distressing kit) around the edges to soften it a bit and I added some pearls as a finishing touch. The greeting was stamped on a die-cut heart (from the Sizzlits alphabet set) with a sentiment from Pennant Parade.

I used the colours from the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge - my favourite combo at the moment. This summer I want to redecorate our bedroom with these colours lol!

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Nature's Walk, Notably Ornate, Pennant Parade
Ink: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Tea Stain
Paper: First Edition dsp, Basic Grey, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla
Tools: edgelits scallop die & embossing folder, sizzlits alphabet die set
Accessories: black striped grosgrain ribbon, 1/8" taffeta ribbon, antique brad, pearls

Make sure you head over to the Friday Mashup blog - there's an opportunity for YOU to choose our challenge at the end of this month! Check out this post for more details...

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Love all the texture and layers!!! Perfect accents!!! Great use of products!!! Just Beautiful!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous (as always!), Amy. Love the striped grosgrain with the taffeta ribbon and antique brad. Just sets the whole card off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, GORGEOUS! Love the Notably Ornate set, scallops, and pearls.I definitely want to see pictures if you end up decorating your bedroom with this scheme:) Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the colours. You made our top 3 at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a lovely card. You have more patience than me to do all that fussy cutting!!
    Sheri (Friday Mashup guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divine and totally gorgeous! The layout and detail are so perfect. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful card over at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! It's soft and pretty and vintage! I love the use of the first edition paper too! Thanks for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the yellow mixed with the other colors, it looks great! Natures Walk is one of those sets that I just had to have but I've barely used it :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is really great! Love all the layers, you used the colors perfectly. ...and the patience to cut out that center piece! So happy you joined us at HSS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love what you did with the color combo, and your layering and cutting is SOOOOOO wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great color combo. I always love everything with this set, yet I don't seem to pick mine up at stamping time. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! I love the black, white, gray, and yellow together! And your bird is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Amy! I love your color combo and every single detail on your card.

    ReplyDelete