Friday 1 June 2012

Scrappy Mashup...

Hiya,

This is my first post as a member of the Friday Mashup DT - yay! This week, it's all about using your scraps...

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using " Scraps of Pattern Paper or Ribbons ".
  2. Or Make a " Scrapling ".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Scrapling using Scraps or Pattern Paper or Ribbons. ".
I rummaged through my draw od dsp and found some scraps of Flirtatious designer paper... this is what I found:


I decided to make my favourite 'scrappy' project - a tall, thin notebook - with a coordinating card.


The notebook is really easy to make with scraps because you only need two and a half inches of width from your dsp. My notebook used up some thin strips that were left over from making other projects which otherwise would have been thrown out.


I also used images from my scrap pile for the notebook as well - the flower and butterfly were there left over from previous projects. Even the 'take note' part was cut from scrap card!


Here's the card I made to go with the notebook... I used a square punch to create the background from the scraps I had left then simply added some more butterflies from my stash, a sentiment banner (also left-over!) and a couple of embellishments to finish.

Thanks for stopping by... I hope you get the chance to make something with your scraps!

x Amy x

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Amy, these are so bright and pretty! Great job using up the scraps of DSP.
    Sheri (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Amy! I love the notebook and the card is just fantastic...I just love the squares and how you added the butterflies! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little notebook! Wonderful, bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this I love that bright paper what a great idea for a notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Amy!! Love all the papers you used in the card and the notebook. Absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your notebook looks amazing with all those different patterns of DSP on it! And those flowers! I love the butterflies on your card too! They are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete