Sunday 17 June 2012

I spy an Engagement...

Hello!

I recently got my hands on the wedding-themed set Love & Laughter from the Summer mini catty and wanted to get it inky so I combined the Play Date Cafe colours (which I LOVE!!) and the iSpy sketch this week...


And here's what I came up with:


I stamped the cake with Baja Breeze then added some shading around the edges with an aqua brush and ink. The sentiments stamped underneath are from the same set - one stamped in Rich Razzleberry and the other in Charcoal ink (from the Distressing kit). I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter with a 2-way glue pen, drawing a stripe across the middle of each section of the cake (not sure you can see it that well in the photo). I also added some rhinestones for a bit of extra bling.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Love & Laughter
Ink: Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry, Charcoal
Paper: Twitterpated dsp, Basic Grey, Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Tools: corner rounder punch, scallop trim border punch
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry satin ribbon (retired), rhinestones, dazzling diamonds glitter

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color combo -- perfect for a wedding~ Thanks for joining in with I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely gorgeous card, Amy! LOVE that lacy, hexagon background to pieces! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunner.... Loving that split color greeting! Your beautiful work is a great addition at The Play Date Cafe! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply amazing!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card with just a little dab of sparkle :D Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at iSpy Sketches :D

    ReplyDelete