Tuesday 5 June 2012

Jubilee Cupcakes...

Hiya,

Today is the Diamond Jubilee holiday here in the UK and there are many celebrations going on, with street parties, concerts and parades going on (in the rain!!). I thought I'd get into the spirit of the day and make a little Jubilee creation... inspired by the Dynamic Duos colour challenge together with the Card Patterns sketch.


When I first saw these colours it didn't even enter my head to do anything 'patriotic' - I was thinking maybe butterflies... or flowers... but then I had a brain wave yesterday and thought 'hey they're the colours on the UK flag'... duh!! Obviously all the bunting all over the place has made an impression! So in order to celebrate I decided to make some very British cupcakes...


I stamped the cupcakes onto watercolour paper and coloured with markers (I hand-drew the flags on three of the cupcakes... so much fun!) then added Frost White shimmer paint to the icing and the stand. The image was cut out with the new framelits dies - I added a layer of Island Indigo behind to make it stand out a little more. The Real Red background was stamped with the Medallion background stamp and embossed with white EP (I wanted to make it look like a doily, to fit with the cupcake celebration theme). I drew some faux stitching with a white Signo gel pen around the edge of the Real Red piece and added some Island Indigo brads (to represent the three buttons on the sketch). Some white organza ribbon finished things off together with a little tag with a crown motif (rather appropriate for today!) tied with Indigo Island baker's twine.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Tiny Tags
Ink: Stazon, Island Indigo, Versamark, SU markers
Paper: Watercolour, Real Red, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Tools: Framelits dies, jewellery tag punch, whit signo gel pen
Accessories: White organza ribbon, island indigo baker's twine, island indigo brads, white EP

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

11 comments:

  1. So many beautiful details! Love the patriotic cakes. Love the medallion background. Love the brads. And the tiny little crown tag is perfect! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS Amy...I just LOVE your card! Your hand drawn flags on the cupcakes are perfect and the tiny tag with the crown a wonderful accent! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant, Amy, who isn't going to love those Union Jack cupcake cases, fabulous touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I love all the little details you put into this wonderful card! LOVE those flag cupcake liners! :) Beautiful bow too! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindo o seu cartão, amo cup cakes.
    Bjs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. How clever is this? I love your little patriotic cupcakes and the design of your card is exquisite. Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! The Jubilee is all that's being talked about in the States. I'm sure it's a wonderful time! The cupcakes are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is fabulous! Love your attention to detail! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card and great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Gorgeous! And those Union Jack cupcakes - PERFECT! (said in my BEST British accent!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your card!!! This was my first challenge to miss with the Dynamic Duos. :( But I must say . . . you definitely deserve to be "crowned" with the title "Diva Dynamo"! Congratulations and job well done! :)

    ReplyDelete