Sunday 21 October 2012

Framed with a Flourish...

Hi there,

It's CAS week at the Paper Players and this week Anne Marie is challenging us to use frames...


I had so many ideas going through my head for this one but ended up settling on using some of the beautiful designer flourish frames from the Autumn/Winter catty together with the Snow Festival dsp. I was having so much fun I ended up making three cards!



Apologies for the quality of the photos - I've been so busy I only got around to photographing these when it was getting dark so the light quality is not the best! {edited: I've just retaken this with my new phone and played around with the photo editing software... I quite like the frame effect around the pic!} This card was pretty simple - I used the 3x3" image from the dsp, layering it on Cherry Cobbler then attaching the frame over the top. I created a banner strip for the middle and stamped the sentiment on it (from More Merry Messages) and added a Gumball Green bow to finish. Here's another...


This one is a 7x5" card - I used two of the 3x3" images (when I saw the two of these together I thought they would look really cute facing each other!). I layered them on Cherry Cobbler, then on some Whisper White card embossed with the Lacy Brocade folder. The greeting is again from More Merry Messages and was framed with another designer flourished frame - I added a strip of Primrose Petals ribbon to finish off as well as some Dazzling Details on the ornaments.

My last card probably isn't CAS... but still uses similar ingredients and a frame...



Cute eh?! This is another of the 3x3" images, layered on some coordinating dsp and Primrose Petals card as well as a scallop square die-cut. The sentiment is from Delightful Decorations.

Make sure you check out what the other fabulous design team gals have created:

The Paper Players Design Team

 Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

9 comments:

  1. I never think to use paper as a focal point but you've shown me how much FUN it can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, these are fantastic! I never know what to do with the patterns in that paper pack....now I do!! Brilliant way to use them up! Your fancy frames are gorgeous!!! Wonderful set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all! Great use of that DSP. Those fancy frames really add to the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO fun, Amy!! I love how you used the DSP to create such adorable holiday cards. I wasn't going to get that paper either because the patterns stumped me. This is such a great way to showcase the fun designs. the little silver frames are such an elegant touch, too. Glad you had fun with my challenge and thanks for inspiring me once again! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute and fun cards, Amy! Such a great way to use this paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Amy! These are so stinkin' cute every.last.one.of.them! This set really highlights the designer frames and that adorable paper! Adorable set of cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi amy, these are all such cute Christmas cards! I can see why you got carried away making more than just one! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog Kx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute collection of Christmas cards Amy! The flourish frames are gorgeous & set off your sweet creations perfectly. Love all the fun little critters! :)

    ReplyDelete