Sunday 14 October 2012

Open Sea Birthday...

Hi there,

This week we have a great colour challenge at the Paper Players brought to us by Jaydee...


I thought these colours would be perfect for a masculine card (I never seem to have enough of these to hand). I think my fave set for men's cards is the Open Sea - such great detailed images that are perfect for a lot of occasions...


I used the Deconstructed Sketch as my starting point but I kinda wandered a bit. The globe was stamped in Night of Navy and cut out by hand then layered on a circle cut from Bravo Burgundy using the Circles #2 die. The was layered on a window framelit diecut that I embossed with the woodgrain embossing folder. The Night of Navy panel across the card was embossed with the new Chevron embossing folder and layered on a piece of Bravo Burgundy card that I diecut with the pinking Finishing Touches edgelit. The banner panel is some Orchard Harvest dsp layered over First Edition dsp. The sentiment is from For the Family and cut with the new banner framelits - I added some faux stitching with a marker around the edge. Some gold brads and a Night of Navy button as well as some Linen Thread finished things off.

Make sure you check out the fabulous creations of the Design Team:

The Paper Players Design Team
 

I hope you get the chance to play along with us this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

7 comments:

  1. Amy, this is fabulous! Love how you kept everything clean with these colors and they way you've tied them all together is genius. Love the layered globe + framelit and your faux stitching is fantastic! Great, guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I almost used this set - it seems so perfect with the color combo and you absolutely rocked it. I love the multiple layers, the framelit, your faux stitching and just the touch of hardware. All of these things add up to a fabulous masculine card. Stunning.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card....a perfect set to use for these masculine colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful masculine card, Amy! I really like how you layered the world! The faux stitching is the perfect accent for the sentiment. There are so many great details, from the linen thread to the buttons to the brads! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome card Amy! The elements you have combined add so much interest & texture, while remaining very rugged & masculine. You rocked these colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this card! I always have trouble with cards that are masculine but I have that stamp set and you've given me a great idea!

    ReplyDelete