Sunday 7 October 2012

Vintage cup for you...

Hello!

It's time for another fun challenge over at the Paper Players - this week LeAnne has a great theme challenge for us...


I had a cup that I created a while ago that I wanted to use so I took that out out and went from there...


I got a bit carried away adding layers and things lol... too much?! I started with a piece of striped dsp from Howlstooth and Scaringbone which I sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake ink. I added a layer of Old Olive card with Riding Hood Red card die-cut with an edgelit die underneath, as well as some Crumb Cake with the Music Notes wheel stamped onto it. The greeting is from Itty Bitty Banners, die-cut with the matching framelits dies. The cup was stamped with Basic Grey ink and embossed with clear EP, then stamped again with Riding Hood Red ink, from which I cut the flowers out to layer onto the grey cup and I coloured the stems with Old Olive ink. The cup was layered on a panel I created with a Vanilla die-cut decorative circle from the Perfect Pennants die and a piece of Riding Hood Red cut with one of the Window Framelits dies. I added some pearls as well as some Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon and a button to finish.

Check out what the rest of the DT have created for this challenge...

The Paper Players Design Team


Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x


13 comments:

  1. Amy, the vintage feel is wonderful! I love the pretty decorated tea cup! I also love a lot of layers...more is more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too much at all...it has a fabulous Moulin Rouge feel to it! Love the backdrop of the bold stripes and the colors are so rich together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can never have too many layers! These all coordinate so well together and I really love when we can use a piece of "halloween" paper for something other than halloween! The cup itself is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the big bold stripes in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too many layers? No! I love them! I can see why you wanted to focus around this fabulous cup. The popped flowers are perfect!
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty....I REALLY love that ribbon treatment! Thanks for making a beautiful cup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy
    Gorgeous card .... I have that set... Uninked as yet....... Fabulous...
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trés chic Amy! Love, love, love all the layering & fabulous cup on the striped background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not too many layers at all! Just beautiful! Love the pop of red flowers in the cup and the bold striped background! Fabulous mix of colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, Amy! I love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, Amy, you didn't get too carried away with the layers at all! Gosh, they're scrumptious! And that mug totally steals the show! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely layers, awesome details and one beautiful bow! Absolutely gorgeous, in every way! :)

    ReplyDelete