Wednesday 24 October 2012

Vintage butterflies for Mum...

Hiya,

My Mum turned 60 recently and in the excitement of sorting her present out in Australia and busyness of life here I forgot to send her a card in time, so I thought I'd better make an extra special one to make up for it being late lol! I used the GORGEOUS colour scheme at the Fab Friday challenge as well as the fabulous sketch from Pals Paper Arts (I think I'll be using this one again - there are so many possibilities with it!).


I wanted to use some new goodies I got in my latest order from the new catty - Kindness Matters and the Fan Fair dsp...

 
The butterflies from Kindness Matters were stamped on Very Vanilla with Stazon then I stamped the script and water drops from French Foliage over the top with Sahara Sand ink (2nd & 3rd generation ink). I stamped the butterflies again on Very Vanilla and coloured them with inks and a blender pen, cut them out and popped up over the main image panel. The greeting (from Itty Bitty Banners) was stamped with Midnight Muse on Naturals Ivory and die-cut using the matching framelit. I layered the main panel over a doily cut from Naturals Ivory then onto the dsp panels, layered with Midnight Muse cardstock. The Summer Starfruit panel was stamped on each side with a flourish from Kindness Matters using Summer Starfruit ink for a bit of added interest. I created a bow using Summer Starfruit ribbon and lace trim and added some large pearls on the banner strip. My Mum loves vintage things, turqouise/teal blue and sewing so this card is pretty much perfect for her!

This card was inspired by the insanely talented Teneale, and like her I decided to decorate the inside of the card as well...


I used more Fan Fair dsp for this, including the 60 cut from the sheet with the different tags etc. as well as one of the label images. I added some Summer Starfruit card cut with one of the Finishing Touches edgelits onto a stamped background to match the image panel on the front of the card.

I spritzed the front of the card and the letters with some Vanilla Smooch spray (absolutely LOVE this stuff!!!) for shimmer and sparkle.

Before I go (and seeing as this post is already somewhat about my family) I thought I'd tell you about an initiative my sister is starting up in London. Here's a pic of us together...


My sister Rebecca is setting up a Creative Arts Studio in London, it's going to be a hub where people from all backgrounds can come and use the communal studio space and fantastic art equipment like screen printing tables, darkrooms, Mac Computers, sewing machines etc, to make art, have a coffee and cake in the cafe, and maybe even do a card making class with me in one of the rooms (she is recruiting me!) It is a Community Interest Company, and needs support to get it off the ground, so if you are on facebook, have a look at this link: www.facebook.com/NewTigersHeadStudio and "like" it if you like the sound of it. Support from all corners of the globe are appreciated!

She's a pretty amazing entrepreneurial chick so it'll be great to watch her pursue this dream.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Amy! Love those colors together. Congratulations on your new sister's studio, and even better that she recruited you! Woo Hooo!
    Wish you best of luck!
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Amy! I love this ribbon treatment, and the doily peeking out! Thanks for playing with the Pals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty inside and out! Love the popped butterflies; they seem ready to fly off the card! The doily detail is great too! Congrats & best wishes to your sister and her new endeavor! The more opportunities to create art in the world the better! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - gorgeous inside and out! Love the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Love it all, inside and out...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete